Autonomous Vehicle Industry Alliance
2018 Taiwan Innotech Expo Platinum Awards
BSMI Director General Visits ARTC
Technical Achievement Award from the Ministry of Economic Affairs
New Chairman & President
ISO 27001 Approved
- Autonomous Vehicle Industry Alliance
- ARTC organized the “Autonomous Vehicle Industry Alliance” in Taiwan, signing an operating service MOU with domestic partners Acer ITS, Global Unitek, and Shin Wei for jointly creating a homegrown SAE Level 4 autonomous pure-electric light bus.
A total of 18 key suppliers have jointed the alliance, announcing Taiwan’s autonomous-vehicle industry has entered into a new milestone. They are: NVIDIA, HIWIN, Lioho Machine Works, CECI Engineering Consultants, Kuo Yuan Enterprise, LITE-ON, Amita Technologies, GIGA-BYTE, Alpha Networks, Chroma ATE , SOE, Studio X-Gene, FUKUTA, WHETRON, Wieson Technologies.
- 2018 Taiwan Innotech Expo Platinum Awards
- The “Operation Method Of Adaptive Driving Beam Headlamp System” and the “Wireless Power Transmission Device And Foreign Object Detection Coil Thereof For Detecting Metallic Foreign Object” were awarded with two silver medal awards at Taiwan Innotech Expo 2018 Platinum Awards.
- BSMI Director General Visits ARTC
- Liu Ming-chung, director general of Bureau of Standards, Metrology and InspectionMinistry of Economic Affairs (BSMI, MOEA) visited ARTC to inspect the implementing results of BSMI-commissioned projects. While experiencing ARTC’s fruitful R&D achievements in autonomous vehicles, Liu highly praised ARTC’s R&D capability and looks forward to ARTC’s future helps for jointly upgrading Taiwan’s industry competitiveness.
- Technical Achievement Award from the Ministry of Economic Affairs
- ARTC has been contributing fruitful R&D achievements in “autonomous”, “connected”, and “electrification” core vehicle technologies; as well as putting vigorous efforts in commercialization. The “High Efficiency Vehicle Electrification Technology Development” received the Excellent Planning Award granted by the Department of Industrial Technology ,Ministry of Economic Affairs (DoIT, MOEA). (Fiscal Year 2017)
- New Chairman & President
- The board passed new personnel changes: new chairman Chen Chao-yi (replacing predecessor Liu hsing-Tai) and new president Liao Ching-Chiu (replacing predecessor Joe L.C. Huang), who will continue to lead ARTC to help upgrade local vehicle industry.
- ISO 27001 Approved
- ARTC passed ISO 27001 information security standard certification, proving the center’s world-class information-security capability able to provide better and safer services.
The Vehicle EMC Research & Testing Platform
- The Vehicle EMC Research & Testing Platform
- The Vehicle EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) Research & Testing Platform was launched. The platform provides functional design, performance verification and debugging & modification to comply with industry needs.
Range-Extended E-BUS research and development alliance
Taiwan’s first full-scale charging station
- Range-Extended E-BUS research and development alliance
- Delta, Master Transport and ARTC established Taiwan's first ''Range-Extended E-BUS research and development alliance'' to cash in on the trend.
- Taiwan’s first full-scale charging station
- Taiwan’s first full-scale charging station was launched, provides a both safe and convenient charging environment for EVs that testing in ARTC.
Intelligent e-Car Promotion Office,
- Intelligent e-Car Promotion Office,
- Based on the Executive Yuan's "Smart Electric Vehicle Development Strategy and Action Program", the Ministry of Economic Affairs commissioned the establishment of the " Intelligent e-Car Promotion Office" to help promote the pilot operation of smart electric vehicles and industrial policies.
- Automatic Parking System
- ARTC launched "Automatic Parking System (APS)" to the public for the first time.
Relocated in Chunghwa
Proving Ground was launched.
The Crash Laboratory was launched.
- Relocated in Chunghwa
- Laboratories relocated from Hukou to Chunghwa County.
- Proving Ground was launched.
- In line with international design specifications of the test track and ancillary equipment to meet the needs of various stages of industrial vehicle development, shorten the development schedule.
- EMC laboratory
- EMC laboratory with A1 absorber-lined shielding enclosure, S1 shielding room, and S2 shielding room opened.
- The Crash Laboratory was launched.
- The opening of the Crash lab, with the other laboratory groups of ARTC, will provide the vehicle industry from design, analysis, and certification services, and also help to improve the quality of domestic car safety.
Hukou Laboratory officially opened.
- Hukou Laboratory officially opened.
- The temporary laboratory located in Hukou to establish vehicle safety, fuel consumption part of the detection of energy.